Maple Caramel Corn
10 Cups plain popped popcorn
1 cup whole almonds
1 cup of butter
½ cup of maple syrup, grade rich amber
2/3 brown sugar
2/3 white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp of baking soda
- Roast nuts in oven. Combine popcorn and nuts in a large roasting pan
- In a medium sauce pan, blend the butter, sugars and syrup over medium heat, stirring until completely melted. Once melted, discontinue stirring and insert candy thermometer. Cook the caramel mixture until it reaches 280 degrees F (140C). Remove caramel from heat and add vanilla and baking soda, stir rapidly making sure it becomes well blended. Pour of popcorn and nut mixture immediately.
- With a large wooden spoon, quickly stir popcorn until it is completely covered evenly. WARINING: Do not let caramel touch your hands it is extremely HOT!!!!!!! Transfer the popcorn onto baking sheets.
- To cool candy quickly, place the baking sheets in the refrigerator. When cool, the candy should easily break apart into pieces. Store in airtight refrigerated container
6 parts canola or olive oil
2 parts balsamic vinger
3 parts maple syrup
1 part Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together and enjoy over salad
Maple Glazed Salmon
1 Long filet of Salmon
1 clove of garlic, chopped or minced
Virgin olive oil
Fresh, cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash salmon and place it, skin side down, in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle and rub the salmon with with olive oil and followed by rubbing with the garlic and pepper. Next, drizzle the maple syrup over the salmon and massage into the flesh.
- bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes
Smoked & Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
3 lbs. chicken wings
3/4 cup soy suace
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground mustard
1/4 -1/2 of garlic powder depending on taste
2 tsp maple syrup, Smoked & Spicy
- Mix ingredients thoroughly into a bowl. Set some aside for coating wings during baking.
- Place wings in a separate bowl and poke with a fork. Pour marinate over wings being sure to coat them entirely. Continue until all wings are covered and marinate is completely used.
- cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 4- 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (400 degrees F if you prefer your wings more well done). Places wings on cooking sheet and space evenly. Bake for 20 minutes remove, flip, coat with reserve sauce, and continue baking for and additional 25-35 minutes.
Maple roasted brussel sprouts with bacon
1 Pound of trimmed Brussels sprouts
1/4 of virgin or extra virgin olive oil
3-4 tablespoons of pure Vermont maple syrup, Grade: Amber/rich flavor
4-5 slices of bacon cut into 1/2 inch strips
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and toss with oil and syrup until completely coated
- Add bacon, salt and pepper
- Place contains in a roasting pan and place in the oven
- cook for 20-25 minutes, remove and stir sprouts quickly, and place back in oven for an additional 20-25 minutes until bacon is completely cooked and Brussels sprouts are caramelized
Maple sriracha cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
2 1/2 tbsp amber rich maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp sriracha
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and coat cauliflower.
- Spread cauliflower on to large baking sheet and bake for 20minutes.
- Stir, then increase oven temperature to 475 degrees and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Maple chia pudding
1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp amber rich maple syrup
2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients except chia seeds to a small bowl and mix well.
- Add chia seeds and whisk for 1 minute to make sure they do not clump together.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Maple candied bacon
1 lb good quality bacon
2 tbsp rich amber maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap baking sheet with tin foil and top with wire rack.
- In a bowl add all ingredients and mix well, add bacon and coat evenly with mixture.
- Place bacon in a single layer onto wire rack. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes (don't let them sit for too long or they will stick.